LARGE CORPORATES & INSTITUTIONAL
LARGE CORPORATES & INSTITUTIONAL
Larger companies have grown to become successful on the back of long term key strategic strengths. The larger a business becomes, the more difficult it can be to maintain a strong focus on maximising performance, as an increasing number of considerations and objectives come into play. Leaders often feel as though they have little sense of control.
As larger businesses have so many moving parts, often the greatest uplift comes from a refocus on staff engagement and effectiveness. A marginal increase in staff effectiveness can have an exponential uplift in performance, as the cascading effect of staff interaction and engagement provides positive feedback loops.
An external business review can help reinvigorate team performance.
STRATOSFEAR seeks to eliminate value inertia……. because greatness is difficult to achieve on your own.
- Bureaucracy and inefficiency develop – Additional underutilised capacity is created for which there is little accountability.
- Lack of integration and co-operation between business units.
- Divisional silos and intercompany politics develop - personal survival and turf wars can absorb all available energy, with less capacity to deal with the needs of customers or the world outside the organisation.
- Company inertia develops – things become too big and too hard to change, no one person can make a decision.
- Decision making becomes slow and bureaucratic – too many people need to agree or be consulted – no one wants to “rock the boat”.
- The Business is no longer “easy to do business with” as it focuses more on itself and its internal workings and not the customer - customers are forced to develop elaborate approaches to bypass roadblocks.
- Efficiency measures often fail to account for transaction and opportunity costs – reducing productivity and accountability while increasing turnaround times.
- Focus can be on past achievements rather than future visions.
- The business is increasingly managed by employees and not the owners – it loses some of the entrepreneurial drive and dynamism that originally characterised the business.
STRATOSFEAR Service Solutions
The service solutions for Corporates & Institutional’s include, but are not limited to:
- End to end strategic review to highlight bottle necks and barriers to efficiency and effectiveness.
- External advice to breakdown and overcome internal demarcations and barriers.
- Financial Literacy Training – Understanding the impact that all staff have on financial outputs through decision making.
- Motivational and engagement seminars.
- Strategic Sales Management.
- High Performance Management and Cultural Awareness Training.
- Corporate Deportment Classes.
- The Bug Pad Concept of process improvement.
A client called us in to assist them with a Management Buyout of one of the Directors / Shareholders. A key challenge was the Company’s capacity to fund the transaction.
In reviewing the Company’s capital structure, it was clear the business’ working capital cycle was not being optimised. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) had become frustrated at his inability to influence the organisations buying behaviour and sought our assistance to help break that impasse.
STRATOSFEAR has always believed that the best performing organisations have high levels of financial literacy throughout the whole organisation. We conducted a series of educational and awareness sessions on working capital optimisation for 50 engineers.
We were able to quantify the impact their collective buying behaviours were having on the business. Most had no concept or appreciation that their decision not to utilise the full credit terms available to them, was impacting the business’ working capital demand to the tune of several million dollars.
The ability to unlock these funds through working capital optimisation assisted the funding of the MBO. Once the MBO was complete, the impediment to pursue other corporate acquisition activities was removed. The business would go on to float on the Stock Exchange at a value in excess of $400M.
STRATOSFEAR harnesses the knowledge and experience of our staff in order to help clients transition from each of the various stages in their Corporate Lifecycle evolution. If clients conquer the transition points in the business lifecycle, they often go on to achieve something truly special.
This is what makes STRATOSFEAR one of a kind. Very few advisory firms can successfully help businesses grow to become large corporates as STRATOSFEAR does. If you have the desire to become an aspirational business, we want to hear from you.